Sunday, March 3, 2013

Marinera Festival


Now this is a bit overdue seeing as how this was in January we went on vacation to Trujillo! Now Trujillo is a special city for me! Not only was it the first real place outside of Lima that I visited the first time around (in study abroad), it was also were I got a hunky boyfriend, Sebastian! Haha. So of course it has some very fond memories me for. Now why we went hahahahaha…is the Marinera Festival. Marinera is a traditional Peruvian dance. Very beautiful to watch because the costumes are so elaborate BUT
We got there and spent the first day in Huanchaco the beach town about 10 minutes away. Although I don’t particularly like the beach it was fun to site in the sun and not worry about anything but skin cancer! Anyways we used day one as a recover and relax day because most of us arrived on overnight buses. For myself it was an economical bus that hardly reclined but was CHEAP! We had some good salad’s for lunch! Never in the States would I pay so much for mainly lettuce but when lettuce isn’t all that easy to find everyday….Gaston bring me the bill! That night at the hotel we meet a group of Peruvians who were just hanging out so we joined our two parties! Now that was a fun night…although was left out of some activities still had a great time staying up until almost 4 AM!!!!! Haven’t done that in a very very long time! Obviously we spent the next morning recovering. That day we went to Chile’s Restaurant and man did I think I had died and gone to food heaven with Chicken Tacos. Not only were they the special of the day so only S/15.00 they were oh so good! Other than friends and family I seriously think tasty food is the thing I miss the most from the States!!!! Because I can’t remember everything about where I go and who I meet but I can remember all the good food I’ve had. Then in the afternoon we went to the Festival. They said they were sold out of the tickets we wanted so we bought the higher up seats and then waited and waited to see the seats we wanted fill up and throughout the whole night not even half were used! I mean oh well we saved some money and it wasn’t like we were truly in the noise bleed section!


 The King and Queen from last year
 At the BEACH!!! haha



Me with a cool couple!



No comments:

Post a Comment