Thursday, March 15, 2012

Early IST

So it is official! Have jumped past the first big mark in my service---Early IST. What that means is we have to stop laying around just working to get to know the community and start focusing in on the ideas that we want and can literally achieve during our service.
To begin we had our training in Huanchaco a beach town near Trujillo. Not being a beach person myself it was beautiful but sand everywhere, sun, and salt water. The sun has an intense hatred of me and my body...SPF 50 and left on my shorts and shirt for quite a while and my legs looked like nicely cooked lobster. Even now my legs are pink/purple and are physically painful to touch. How ridiculous is that!!!! Also, planning on going back to the beach in a month for not 1 day but 3-4....my body is going to DIE!!!!! and then I develop skill cancer yeah for good life decisions.
Anyways one day on the beach and I was done BUT the best part was getting to see my friends from training. To see how other peoples lives are progressing (seeing how much I still need to do-AHHHH!) Can't wait until Semana Santa when we will all be together again but without the training! Now I just gotta work on my beach body. Come on P90X and early morning runs...become a part of daily life. Will work on a detailed accounting of the week..........in a bit haha. Tired and going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment